|NOTE: Amira's Bellydance and Yoga for Pregnancy DVD is due to be released on 12/10. For a sneak peek at the cover, please CLICK HERE. To pre-purchase, please CLICK HERE. We will contact you with a firm shp date shortly.
Amira is an internationally renowned belly dance artist whose passion for the arts, combined with the solid years of medical studies spent earning an RN degree have given her a unique perspective into the benefits of Yoga, dance and exercise on a women and her baby’s health before, during, and after pregnancy. By applying her experience and training to her own daily life and her own pregnancy, Amira has acquired a deep understanding of women’s health issues, and become a strong advocate of better living and better pregnancy through better diet, proper exercise, and better lifestyle choices.
Amira’s Bellydance And Yoga For Pregnancy provides a perfect balance of well thought out routines for an expectant mother to prepare herself for the wonderful and challenging journey ahead. Amira gently leads you through warm-ups, exercise, and cool downs and covers moves that are beneficial, and those that should be avoided during pregnancy. You will learn the benefits of stretching and exercise, learn to relax, to breathe, and to center yourself with confidence and feminine grace, leaving you feeling invigorated and re-energized. Clear explanations are given every step of the way with alternate, modified versions of many moves. Packed with information, in this DVD Amira explains the origins of belly dance and it’s age-old benefits for women in labor, and encourages you on the road to a healthy lifestyle and a smooth, happy pregnancy.
This Informative and Fun DVD has a Running Time of 3 hours 28 min, and Includes:
Studio Instruction - 1 hour 30 min.
- Yoga Warm – Up
- Strengthening Exercises
- Pre – Natal Bellydance
- Exercises During Labor
- Cool Down
In Depth Interviews with Professionals – 30 Min.
- Jill Colin, CPM– NARM certified, practicing midwifery for 20 years,
and a mother of four.
- Dr. Shadia Koury, D.C., F.I.C.P.A., a mother of two.
Interviews with Bellydance Mothers – 60 min.
- Six happy mothers generously share their very personal accounts, and what roles belly dance and exercise have played in helping them through their journey toward childbirth – before, during, and after.
Performances – 10 min.
- Two beautiful performance videos of Amira dancing with her growing belly.
- Original music by internationally acclaimed composer Jean-François Côté, www.jfcote.com
- Studio segments from the CD “Serpent's Garden” by Mosavo, courtesy www.hollywoodmusiccenter.com